Whaleback Mountain (K-9 Uphill)
Title Sponsor for K-9 Uphill:
- Date - Sunday. March 10th, 2013 (changed due to heavy snow!!) New Date!! Spring Forward the night before.. watch your clocks!
- If you registered for the Feb. 9th event your registration will transfer to the new date.
- OPEN Category ONLY due to K-9's!
- Do NOT need a Dog to participate but is encouraged!
- If you normally race in another category you will still get credit in that category even though you are racing OPEN.
- Time - Check-in by 6:40am start at 7:00 am.
- Location - Start & Finish is at the Main lodge of Whaleback Mountain - For directions please visit the mountain website.
- Distance is 2.2 miles.
- Course is in the clockwise direction starting up Spout, staying left up to Bougainvellia to Upper Whalestail all the way to the summit staying right of the lift chair...descend upper Ivory to lower Ivory to the base area and the finish.
- The 2013 Whaleback stop will only have OPEN Class category due to K-9's!
- Let's Move Course is the same as the regular course.
- Dogs maybe attached to you going up and down.
- DO NOT BRING A DOG THAT IS NOT FRIENDLY TO BOTH PEOPLE AND OTHER DOGS!
- Dogs must be leashed as per the NH Leash Law.
Awards / Raffle:
- Awards ceremony will begin at 8:00am inside the base lodge.
- Awards will be given to top three M & F by age and category.
- There is an extensive raffle.